Yes, Virginia, Loomy Mama has discovered podcasts! Podcasts, are recorded programs you can get via Itunes for free! Listen to your favorite radio station, your favorite news right on your computer or ipod!
Here are my favorites:
- This American Life
- Chicago Public Radio show. This is my favorite podcast. First person stories and short fiction pieces that are touching, funny and surprising! Be sure to listen to “Act V”, this segement is about a group of high security prisoners who perform the play “Hamlet” My husbands friend Agnes directs the plays at the prisons. Shes an amazing woman and this is an amazing story!
- Real Time with Bill Maher
- Bill says it like it is and totally cracks me up!
- Countdown with Keith Olbermann
- I was really happy to find this segment on podcast! Keith also tells it like it is and cracks me up!
- Craft Magazine
- With this podcast, you are not listening to a story or news report, you are given select projects/patterns which download in PDF format. I am excited to try the Lacanau sandals by Chez Plum. Although they are needle knitted, I am hoping I can make it work on a loom. You can find more patterns by Chez Plum at http://www.chezplum.com