As many do, I spent time today thinking about personal goals for the next year.
- Lose 20 pounds. As a formerly anemic skinny girl, it is still shocking the weight that I’ve added since I turned 40. I’ll be 48 in 2008. It’s about time I get a handle on this one. I suspect this one is always tops on everyones list!
- Take walks with hubby
- Quit smoking. This is one I know I SHOULD do. I’ve just got to get past the fact that I enjoy it.
- Take a yoga class. Maybe this will be my exchange for quitting smoking…a new way to relax.
- Practice random acts of kindness. I recently sent a package to a fellow blogger, it felt really good. Do more of this.
- Re-energize romance…kiss more!
- Read, read, read (It is totally silly to even add this one, because I love books!)
- Get a massage once a month
- Conquer the pile of never ending laundry in the laundry room and keep it manageable. This may in fact be the hardest goal listed!
Here are some fiber related goals I want to accomplish in the coming year, in no particular order.
- Learn to knit lace, from Knitting Lace Triangles book
- Learn to knit socks, turn a heel
- Knit a mitered blanket from the Mason Dixon book
- Buy a sweaters worth of yarn and knit an adult sweater
- Attend a knitting weekend, take workshop/classes
- Attend fiber events
- Learn to weave on a harness loom
- Organize stash
- Get a photo tent for better pictures for the blog
- Continue to learn more knitting techniques/stitches
- Teach others to knit, on needles or loom